Kia Ora! Welcome to my website
Welcome to the world of Ann Russell, author. Please come in and enjoy!
I write must-read family stories for ALL animal lovers from 4 years old to 108! They are about animal issues and conservation – and always have a happy ending. About the author.
Work in progress
Available in January 2019
Inquiry Loves Little Truff Literacy
User-friendly and classroom tested, this is a must-have teachers’ manual for years 4-9
Why Kids love Little Truff Literacy.
- Designed for 21st century education
- A new, fresh approach to Inquiry
- Practical and classroom tested
- Makes teaching and learning easier
- Provides answers for teachers
- Has a wide range of topics
- Topics with universal principles including Love, Care, Birds, Ecology, Animal Welfare, Conservation, Ecology
- Challenging Extended Activities have a fun element
- Inquiry planning is a pleasure
- Time-tried writing techniques ensure success
- A fun ecology mnemonic assists learning
- Kids extend and improve their education
Little Truff and the Whales
Created in conjunction with the New Zealand Department of Conservation
By Ann Russell
Illustrated by Lara Frizzell
A children’s fiction picture book about whale conservation.
Written in simple verse for readers from 7 years old to 108.
An interactive book for the whole family.
Little Truff senses something is wrong.
At sea, in a boat with her family, she tugs her master to the stern.
“A whale’s out there. It hasn’t moved,” Dad tells his family. “I think it’s tangled in a net and trying to get free.”
The net is pulling her down. The humpback is slowly drowning.
“What can we do to save the whale?” Truff thinks. “One slap from her could kill us – but we can’t just sit here and watch the humpback die …” More here
Little Truff and the Kererū
Little Truff is fed up. She can’t go for a run because her family are talking about protecting the ripening fruit on their plum tree from the birds.
“Huh! Birds and trees are boring stuff,” she says and walks away. “I’ve heaps of better things to do this sunny, summer’s day.”
“Like what?” the giant pigeon calls. “Your words aren’t very wise. We birds make all the difference to how you live your lives.”
Truff thinks the kererū is joking, but is he? She decides to find out … More here
Little Truff Novella
Modern animal stories, rich in adventure with quirky characters, action and humour.
For ALL animal lovers from 8 years old to 108.